Manifesto for Closing the Gap on Gender Inequality in Wales
The Women’s Equality Network (WEN) Wales call on all political parties to put gender equality and women’s rights at the heart of the 2021 Senedd election in our Manifesto for Closing the Gap on Gender Inequality in Wales.
In this Manifesto we call:
- on all political parties and candidates to commit to advancing women’s rights and achieving gender equality for all women in Wales
- for action in five key areas, including equal representation, mitigating the disproportionate impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on women’s lives and ensuring women’s rights are protected post-Brexit.
5 key areas for action:
- COVID-19 and women’s rights
- High-quality childcare and caring provisions for all
- Legally binding gender quotas and positive action for increased diversity
- Enshrine CEDAW into Welsh legislation and policy
- Women’s rights protected post-Brexit