Membership Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the terms and conditions of membership of WEN Wales.
WEN Wales’ vision is of a Wales free from gender discrimination, where all women, men, and non-binary people have equal authority and opportunity to shape society and their own lives. We are committed to an inclusive fight for women’s rights – we aim to represent all women in Wales and recognise intersecting forms of discrimination. This includes ethnic minority women, disabled women and LGBTQ+ women. We support the Welsh Government’s aim to promote the rights of trans and non-binary people in Wales to take a full and equal role in Welsh society.
WEN reserves the right to decline membership applications of organisations that do not share these values.
Membership is free and provides the following benefits.
- Become part of a large, vibrant and diverse membership network where we can connect you with others
- Promote your work and feature your job vacancies, events and news in our monthly newsletter
- Showcased as an organisational member on our website
- Opportunity to partner with us on our campaigns and policy work
- Feed directly into influencing discussions with Welsh Government, shaping policy formulation and implementation
- Feed into our consultation responses, briefings and reports
- Have your say on the issues most important to you, in our annual member survey
Information, advice and support
- Receive our newsflashes and monthly newsletter full of news and events on gender equality and women’s rights in Wales
- First access to our reports and research
- Connect with our expert team
- Opportunity to join our Gender Network
- Priority booking to events and launches, including WEN Café
- Member-only workshops
- Invitation and vote at our annual AGM
- Get involved in fun and worthwhile fundraising challenges or events – this year our supporters took part in a half marathon, a skydive, walking challenges and more
- Become a corporate partner with WEN Business
Joining WEN Wales
When you submit an organisational membership application to join Women’s Equality Network (WEN) Wales, this is reviewed by WEN and we may ask you for further information if needed. We will then ask the Board of Trustees to assess your application. The Board is elected by WEN’s members.
If the Board approves your application, you will then be a formal member of WEN Wales and your organisation name and logo will be uploaded to the WEN Wales Website.
Once you have filled in your individual membership form, look out for the subscription confirmation email and click the link that says ‘Yes, subscribe me to this list’ to confirm your membership. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam/junk folder. This step will complete the sign-up process.
Change of details
If your details change , please inform WEN Wales by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.