Women’s Equality Network (WEN) Wales are running the Diverse5050 campaign alongside Electoral Reform Society Cymru, Race Council Cymru, and EYST Wales (Ethnic Youth Support Team). We are calling for political parties to:
- Publish party diversity plans
- Commit to collecting and publishing data on the diversity of their candidates and eventual elected representatives in the 2021 Senedd elections and 2022 Local Government elections
- Make manifesto commitments for 50:50 gender balance alongside increasing diversity of representation of LGBT+ people, people of colour and disabled people in the Senedd through positive action to ensure that the Senedd is reflective of the population it serves.
Diverse5050 campaign partners:
- WEN Wales (Women’s Equality Network)
- ERS Cymru (Electoral Reform Society)
- EYST Wales (Ethnic Minorities & Youth Support Team Wales)
- Race Council Cymru
Diverse5050 campaign supporters:
- Action for Children
- Chwarae Teg
- Citizens Advice Swansea Neath Port Talbot
- Co-production Network for Wales
- Cynon Taf Community Housing Group
- Disability Wales
- Diverse Cymru
- Fair Treatment for the Women of Wales
- Institute of Welsh Affairs (IWA)
- National Federation of Women’s Institutes (the WI)
- Oxfam Cymru
- Race Alliance Wales
- Social Firms Wales
- Stonewall Cymru
- Together Creating Communities
- Welsh Women’s Aid
Diverse5050 has the support of 21 organisations (approx. 17k members). To add your voice as a supporter of the Diverse5050 campaign, please contact Hilary Watson firstname.lastname@example.org
PRESS RELEASE: WEN Wales welcomes diversity recommendations in ‘Senedd Reform Next Steps’ report
Diverse5050 campaign letter to Welsh party leaders.
WEN Wales submitted evidence to the Committee.
WEN Wales briefing on effectiveness and impact on quotas.