We’re recruiting a new Treasurer
Are you looking to make your mark on equality for women in Wales?
WEN Wales is seeking to recruit a new Treasurer to oversee the next exciting stage of our development, as a membership charity, campaigning for and championing women’s rights and equality in Wales.
Our partnership mentoring project Equal Power Equal Voice, our Diverse5050 campaign, our Manifesto for Women’s Rights in Wales, our media work, our membership, or our ability to influence and challenge Welsh Government will all provoke your interest and inspire you to get involved in our small but influential organization.
We’d like our new Treasurer to be a qualified management accountant at management level who has experience of sitting on a board, and can lead the financial governance of our organisation.
Principal responsibilities – Treasurer
The principal responsibilities of the Treasurer (in addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee) are:
- Maintain an overview of the organisation’s affairs, ensuring that financial viability, proper financial records and procedures are prioritised and scrutinised by the board.
- Chairing the Governance and Remuneration Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Liaising with the Finance Officer and Director about financial matters.
- Supporting the Director to ensure that the charity has appropriate reserve and investment policies.
- Supporting the Board and Senior Management to ensure the organisation’s compliance with legislation.
- Supporting the Director to ensure that the accounts are audited by a suitable company and any recommendations are implemented.
- Supporting the Director in keeping the board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities.
- Contributing to the fundraising strategy of the organisation.
WEN’s vision is a Wales free from gender discrimination.
Women’s Equality Network (WEN) Wales’ mission is to uphold women’s rights and fight for gender equality by working with our diverse membership to amplify the issues that matter to them, make their voices heard, and empower them.
To find out more
If you are interested in an informal discussion about what the role entails, please contact Catherine Fookes, Director of WEN Wales email@example.com.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your fit with this role (maximum 2 sides of A4) for the Chair’s attention to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18:00 on Friday June 10th 2022