We are recruiting Trustees!
At our AGM on November 16th 2021 three of our brilliant and supportive trustees will be standing down. We are very grateful to Maria Mesa, Kerry-Lynne Pyke and Joy Kent for their huge contributions to WEN Wales since they have been with us, both with development of our strategy, and support in building WEN’s capacity.
We are therefore looking for three new trustees to join our dynamic and supportive board. Following our annual review of the current board of trustees we have identified particular skills gaps in Communications, Commercial and Fundraising. We currently have two trustees from North Wales, one from Aberystwyth and seven from South Wales. We would like to have trustees from elsewhere in Wales. We would also particularly welcome Black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) and disabled applicants as we are committed to a truly intersectional approach.
What we are looking for
Our Diverse 5050 coalition campaign, our flagship Mentoring project, our WEN Cafes, our diverse membership or our ability to influence and challenge Welsh Government will all provoke your interest and inspire you to get involved in driving our small but influential organization.
Ideally you will be a WEN Wales member – you can join us here if you are not already. You will have a strong network, a strong commitment to our values and our vision of a Wales free from gender discrimination, and you will be able to offer your energy, time, and strategic thinking.
Board meetings are once per quarter and we have an annual strategy day. Currently board meetings take place online and there will always be dial in facilities if we return to physical meetings.
About WEN Wales
Our vision is a Wales free from gender discrimination – a Wales where all women and men have equal authority and opportunity to shape society and their own lives.
We work with our vibrant coalition of organizational and individual members to transform society. Our work sits under three pillars. We will Connect, Campaign and Champion women so our vision is realized.
Our three strategic priorities are:
- Growing and mobilising the coalition by reaching out to new audiences across Wales.
- Campaigning for Diverse 50:50 leadership in the Senedd and in Local Government
- Strengthening women’s rights by ensuring CEDAW principles are enshrined in Welsh Law
You can find out more about our strategy, what we are fighting for, and all our work here.
If you would like to discuss the role of trustee please email email@example.com to arrange a time to talk the Director Catherine Fookes, or one of our current trustees if you prefer. Please use the subject line ‘Trustee Vacancy’.
How to apply:
- Download this Information Pack – read the role description
- Send your CV, a short statement on what you can bring to the board (maximum 300 words), and the Demographic Form from Appendix 1 of the pack to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line ‘Trustee Vacancy’
- The short statement should be something you are happy for us to publish as part of voting in trustees at our AGM
- Please confirm in your covering email that you have not been disqualified by law from acting as a trustee
- Deadline for applications: Thursday 30th September 18:00
- Online AGM where WEN Members will vote on trustees: 16th November 2021 from 12:30.
We are also recruiting a Chair of the Board of Trustees – find out more here.